SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, where people follow the methodology of increasing the quality and quantity of traffic to their website’s organic search engine values. SEO is the process that companies go through to help that their web page ranks high in the search engines for relevant phrases and keywords. In other words, SEO involves making certain changes to your web page design and content that make your site attractive to a search engine.
SEO is an exact science, it’s more of an evolving art, that hinges on the latest trends and forces of Google itself and the actions of other SEO. A huge aspect of SEO revolves around competitor analysis and determining the ranking factors behind any given keywords and phrases.
The biggest SEO trends of 2020:
As an increase in the online competition continues and new websites are being launched day-by-day, you have to rethink your content marketing strategy and invest in SEO. Web pages must meet specific requirements set by search engines like Google, and this is where SEO becomes very important. You must know what SEO trends are on the horizon so that you can update your website accordingly and ensure that more customers and prospects find you in the search engine results.
Now 2020 is nearly here, it’s the exact time to reflect on what an eventful year it was for organic search and how to use that knowledge to create better SEO strategies for the upcoming decade. As an SEO company and services provider, you have an obligation to stay aware of emerging latest SEO trends. This helps you incorporate them into your SEO strategies or website plan projects and ensure you are providing your clients with creative, sound business advice. As SEO professionals, you have to keep your clients informed of these business trends as well. So, let’s dive into the 5 SEO trends that you need to know for 2020.
- Zero-clicks searches are the new normal: Google has evolved in recent years to deliver a better search experience for the end-user, like through Featured Snippets. Featured snippets, Knowledge graphs, Google’s Local Packs, and so on, more than half of all searches are now “zero-click searches.” Featured Snippets usually appear as number 1 organic result, commonly called to as Position 0. To take advantage of this feature and drive more clicks to your web page, you need to provide clear answers to commonly asked questions on your web page. Featured Snippets are evaluated and boosted to the top depending on their quantity and quality, which Google has a way of determining. Don’t take this trend lightly, as 54.68% of clicks from Google originate from Featured Snippets, proving that they take more than half of search engine clicks. Featured Snippets represent a great opportunity for content writers since it gives you the ability to generate organic traffic even if you are not ranking at the number 1 position.
- Influencers should be leveraged for SEO: People often feel inundated by intrusive advertisements and they are looking for information that they can trust and authentic reviews. This leads to a rise in influencer marketing. Media companies and digital marketers are increasing their investment in influencer marketing because it has produced excellent results. Partnering or hiring with an influencer can help you amplify your content reach and create even more traffic to your website. They can also help you build valuable backlinks for your page. Backlinks are one of the most important factors that Google uses when calculating a web page’s ranking. When generating your influencer marketing strategy, consider what type of content you want them to develop and how it can link back to your webpage. Be sure to partner with influencers that are relevant to your industry and your end-user. If they are an authority with a strong digital presence, their backlinks can be real gold. If you invest in influencer marketing, you will not only generate leads and improve brand awareness, but you will also boost your search engine rankings.
- Secure websites are a must: End-user safety is another trend that doesn’t seem to have much to do with SEO, but it is very important to the web page user experience. If a visitor doesn’t feel safe visiting a website then they’re very likely to leave quickly. If a user sees a not secure warning appear, they may decide to not proceed to your website. As a result, bounce rates could affect the position of that website in the organic search listing. It is very important to enable the HTTPS protocol for your site. HTTPS gives web page users a secure connection that is both authenticated and encrypted. Google wants to provide its visitors with a secure browsing experience, so those that implement HTTPS may experience a minor SEO boost. If you are collecting personal information from your end-users on your web page via a web form, then you have to protect their privacy. It’s extremely important to assure your visitors that their data will be protected for as long as they stay on the website. There are still many vulnerabilities on the page, but every day there are new security measures that can be implemented into your webpage.
- Websites optimize for voice search: Before the existence of smartphones, people usually searched by plugging words into search engine boxes on their computers. Keywords were used from this behavior. With the high usage of mobile devices, voice searches become a popular trend among internet visitors. These voice searches are not only done on phones but also they can be performed on home voice assistants such as the Samsung Smart TV, Amazon Echo, Voice Pod, etc. Knowing how to optimize your webpage for voice search can help you to create more organic traffic if you understand and implement conversational searches into your SEO trend strategy. When using voice searches, the search engine must do a lot of work to get the relevant information that the visitor is looking for at that moment. This change is imminent, considering that by the year 2020, it is expected that 50% of all internet searches will be initiated through voice search. Your content should adapt to this new trend to stand ahead in the current search engines.
- Mobile UX will determine your ranking: A webpage that does not have a mobile version may lose most of its visitors in the coming years as mobile websites are a growing SEO trend that will get even more popular in 2020. Since more people around the world are obtaining smartphones as more mobile phone towers are being built with better connectivity and range. However, people collect information through their mobile phones is getting so advanced that it’s not enough to just have a mobile webpage. The interface has to be easy to read, grab visitor’s attention and have the ability to provide answer their questions or at least keep them entertained. Since more people are searching from their mobile phones than from a computer, it’s important to have a mobile version for your webpage to reach a large number of people interested in your product. Your pages must be optimized for handy devices if you want to keep up with your competitor companies. And keep in mind that the higher you are in the Google mobile page index, the more famous your page will be.
The core mission of Google remains the same, providing end-users with relevant search results from the most trusted sources. Understanding this helps digital marketers to adopt SEO strategies to provide an awesome user experience without any compromise. While Google continues to gain high market share and increase its value on the internet, it’s no secret that a part of this valuation comes from ad revenue on their search engine results page.
You should keep yourself updated with the latest SEO trends to keep your position ahead from your competitors. It would be best if you continue to target zero-click searches like featured snippets. This remains one of the best ways to dominate your competitors in the SERPs. You have to invest in influencer marketing because it has produced excellent results and creates more traffic to your webpage, which increases your bounce rate. Make sure that the users visiting your page and your webpage should secure the data provided by them. You should optimize your webpage for voice search by considering queries people may search and building out informational content around those queries. Your website should provide a mobile page and the interface that grabs the user’s attention and provide them with a required answer.
Contact an expert and highly skilled SEO professionals with the latest SEO trends and providing fast, proven and cost-effective solutions for the brands they partner with. Choose an SEO company and services provider who provides you amazing results for your brands all over the world and takes your company to the next level.