How Your DTC Website Can Compete Against Large Online MarketplacesYou must draw customers to your direct-to-consumer store to compete with huge marketplaces. Even if it appears contesting initially, your company must extend into a sales channel that you hold as quickly as feasible. It's challenging to compete with large marketplaces, but you can equip yourself with the right strategies, tools, and mindset to help set your firm up for success and profitability. Here's how you should go about it:
- Personalized Customer's Experience
- Live chat: Install a live chat widget to provide advice, answer questions, and assist customers with any problems they may encounter during their buying experience.
- Recommendations for products: Use web tools to create personalized product recommendations.
- Shipping options: Allow customers to choose the most appropriate delivery speed for their needs.
Driving direct sales allows you to build a global brand free of market constraints. It shields your business from altering marketplace restrictions, enables you to engage directly with your customers, and allows you to utilize your voice and branding throughout the buying process.
We are all acquainted with internet businesses, namely Walmart, Amazon, and eBay, and we shop there first when we need anything. They have all established themselves as an online retail brand, and you should accomplish the same.
Strong branding is essential when attracting customers away from online marketplaces and your organization. Do the following to improve the success of your brand awareness strategy:
- It would be best to choose a topic that lends itself to compelling branding through storytelling (films), big logos, and client testimonials.
- Creating and maintaining social media profiles on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and posting regularly about your products, brands, and customers.
- Investing in Google and social media Pay-per-click (PPC) ads to get your company's name and products in front of a wide audience.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Ensure that your brand is noticed and that your website is SEO optimized.
SEO-optimized websites have a sounder chance of appearing when consumers search for relevant terms in Google or another search engine. Ranking zero on the SERP (Search Engine Results Page) should be a top aim for a DTC business. The higher you rank on the SERPs, the more likely a customer will locate you and visit your website.
In terms of importance, SEO is a close second to branding. When customers are looking for your brand or products, social media, advertisements, and strong branding will help you stand out. What about buyers who are merely beginning their purchasing process?
When you optimize your store for search, you might attract buyers searching on Google or Bing for words or phrases related to your products. In addition, long-tail keyword strategies usually exceed Amazon and Walmart in search results ranks. Answer the Public, Übersuggest, and Keyword Tool are free keyword research tools to help you encounter suitable keywords. Use Google Keyword Planner to find competitors and target them with your website and product page content.
- Make Delivery Options Available
Customers can get speedy and free delivery using shipping schemes, namely, eBay Speedy 'N Free and Walmart TwoDay. To participate, you must offer 2-day or next-day delivery, and you must meet or exceed specified shipping times. There are several strategies for getting lightning-fast shipping on your Shopify or BigCommerce stores, which are covered in this article.
Here are some modes to get 2-day and next-day delivery in your direct-to-consumer store:
1. Strategic distribution of inventory is required: You should use a network of warehouses to maintain your inventory close to your clients' location to reduce delivery distance.
2. Hire a third-party fulfillment company: Use a third-party fulfillment service to hold, pick, and pack orders and ship them within a 2-day turnaround.
3. Use real-time positioning: To guarantee that customers receive their orders as promptly as possible, you should update product pages with real-time inventory information.
- Use Social Media To Reach Out To Customers
Customers use social media platforms such as Instagram and Facebook to perform product research, making these channels perfect venues to beat marketplace competitors.
Shoppers utilize social media to remain in touch with family and friends, share their experiences with peers, and follow their favorite brands and celebrities. In this setting, people build and maintain personal links — connections and relationships that help you stand out in crowded marketplaces.
You can make use of this by performing the following:
Facebook and Instagram stores allow you to sell products directly through the platform. Using the colonial aspect of social media to promote and share user-generated content about your products is a wonderful method to get your word out there.
With timely delivery tags, high-quality photographs, and appealing language, you can improve the success of your direct-to-consumer advertising.
- Make Your Product Easily Discoverable By Others
Customers are aware that Amazon has millions of items to meet various demands. They are also aware that this complicates product discovery on the site due to the abundance of options. Increasing product discovery on your website makes the customer journey easier, more enjoyable, and faster than buying on other online marketplaces.Implement the following tactics to improve product discoverability:
- A user-friendly website with a simple and clean design.
- You can use the filter option to narrow down your search results.
- The product categories and subcategories are well displayed.
Tip: Set aside a percentage of your inventory to sell only on your direct-to-consumer website if you are a multi-channel retailer. Limited editions and one-of-a-kind designs, for example, can entice existing Amazon customers while still ranking well in search engines such as Google and Yahoo.
Large marketplaces have established a compelling value offer to attract businesses of all sizes to its platform. Selling on huge marketplaces has several advantages, including access to a wide audience, managed fulfillment, and improved order management. However, it is not the only path to becoming a successful eCommerce business. You can compete with and win against a large marketplace if you focus on optimizing your eCommerce website and online presence. Do not attempt to duplicate the procedures. Better results are obtained in areas where these markets fall short, such as developing connections with particular consumers.
Having your personalized website gives you access to behavioral analytics and sales data, which is a major benefit. We can use this data at Saffron Edge to improve your on-site experience, shipping, logistics capabilities, targeted content, and product recommendations and motivate customers to create emotional bonds to your brand.
Thanks to Google Ads and Analytics certification, Saffron Edge's top-notch brand marketing services are a cut above the rest. We understand the vital significance digital marketing plays in a company's success or failure. We can assist you with all of the topics mentioned above.To contact us right now, please go to https://www.saffronedge.com/.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get fresh stories, case studies, and advice from successful
creators and industry experts.