10 Walmart Selling Strategies that can Help You Drive More Sales!
Jul 18, 2022
9 min read
Do you typically sell through your website and other well-known platforms? And do you have any ambitions to expand your business?
If Yes, then you should sign up for a Walmart Marketplace account as your next move. Thanks to the company's positive reputation and mill ions of unique visitors each month, you will get the traffic you need to boost sales by switching to Walm art Marketplace.
But keep in mind that Walmart, like other eCommerce sites, has unique guidelines and algorithms for selling. You must therefore have dist inct selling methods for each platform you employ.
Unquestionably, and as we are all aware, the eCommerce sector is saturated. Creating and launching your eCommerce is expensive and time-consuming.This is precisely where the term "Marketplace" is employed.
A marketplace streamlines the process and allows you to focus on the most important aspect of your company: Sales.
When it comes to these markets, Walmart is a well-known and established name. The Walmart Marketplace didn't launch until 2009, even though Walmart.com has long supported the well-known offline Walmart stores. This made it possible for third-party vendors to use the Walmart.com platform to sell goods that complement those provided by first-party brands.
Thousands of vendors curren tly operate on Walmart Marketplace, which is rising. The Walmart Marketplace has dozens of categories covering everything from fashion to electronics and much more and is a successful sales channel for American retailers of all sizes.
Since the launch of Walmart Marketplace, a lot has happened, especially as Walmart.com expands and millions of Americans start buying online regularly. But what can you do to succeed at Walmart?
Look no further than this blog post to learn everything you need to know about how to begin selling on this online marketplace and how to get started. Check out these fantastic tactics for boosting Walmart.com sales.
Strategies to Grow Sales on Walmart Marketplace
No matter which or how many online markets you use for your products, if you make the Walmart Marketplace platform one of your main marketing techniques, your marketing strategies improve, and your brand name appears more polished and established. So, if you are unclear about your business expansion strategy, here are some creative approaches to increase Walmart sales.
1. Give Shoppers and Search Engines Access to relevant Product Information
You may become a top Walmart seller by multiplying your sales by selling all of your products on other platforms. With Google algorithms, you need to have details of your products optimized to achieve search engine optimization and become visible in the search results.
It's simple to improve your ranking and get a Walmart Buy Box by taking the following relatively straightforward steps:
a) Establish a good product title
b) Create a quality product description
c) Use pristine photos
d) Provide precise specifications
e) Accurate product category mapping
f) Attractive shipping information
2. Having the Best and Most Affordable Price
Customers seek the things they want at the most affordable pricing without sacrificing quality. Walmart requests that vendors guarantee this. Therefore, the most important consideration when selling at Walmart is the cost of the goods.
Keep in mind that Walmart prices its products according to rules. Walmart keeps a close eye on product pricing changes. Your products may not be published, or worse, your Seller Account may be suspended if you sell in a way that violates Walmart's pricing policies. Make sure Walmart has the best pricing for your purchases. By doing this, you can raise your chances of winning the Walmart Buy Box, which will boost your sales.
At Walmart, there are two guidelines for the product price. Which are:
- Rule of Walmart Price Parity: Suppose clients considerably save money by purchasing identical goods (of the same manufacture, sort, and color) from the same seller on a rival website. The seller's merchandise will be removed following this law (including shipping).
- Rule of Walmart Price Leadership: Assume customers purchase identical goods (of the same type, manufacturing, and color) from the same seller on a competing website and significantly save money. This law requires the removal of the seller's goods (including shipping).
3.Satisfy Customers' needs with Products that are Hard to Find
Transferring the appropriate product category from your online store to Walmart is important. When you add a new product type to your online store, you must do category mapping for the products you want to sell on Walmart.
It's important to pick the right category for your products on Walmart since it makes it simpler for customers to find what they want. Customers might be unable to find your products if you don't take care of them and put them in the wrong category, which would decrease your Walmart sales.
Many of Walmart's products are also available at other internet stores. However, the depth and variety of the items offered by those other websites and stores are sometimes beyond their reach. You may be able to make money, for example, if the typical distributors of a product run out of stock. Investigate what's lacking to see how well it fits into your business strategy.
4. Maintain Adequate Stock Levels
Combining the strategy mentioned above with this one is necessary to get your product into Walmart Marketplace's Buy Box (and helps grow your overall sales, too). Even if your prices are the lowest compared to those of your opponents, having no products in stock will quickly cause buyers to go to your competitors, decreasing your chances of landing the Buy Box. Make sure to check your stock levels to avoid running out. If you use Fulfillment by Walmart, keep a close eye on your suppliers and ensure that your products arrive on schedule at the Walmart eCommerce Fulfillment Center.
5. Continue to Provide Superb Customer Service
The only efficient and surefire strategy to let your customers know you are an expert marketer is to provide them with the greatest customer service accessible in your industry. More than you might think, your efforts to give your customers a specialized service system pay dividends. Good customer service ensures client retention and brand development through recommendations and word-of-mouth marketing.
The following customer support KPIs are equally important to monitor:
- Retain an approx 95% shipment success rate to maintain organic search engine results.
- Products must be shipped at a rate of at least 99.5%.
- The rate of product cancellations must be less than 1.5%.
- Even though it is inevitable that some customers will return items due to damage or defects, you should attempt to keep this number as low as possible (below 3%) and process all refunds the same day you receive the returned item from the customer.
- You should have a 90-day Seller Rating less than or equal to 90%.
- Walmart must confirm receipt of each order file within one hour, and electronic notice of shipment confirmation must be received within a four-hour window.
6. Keep an Eye on the Percentage of Defective Orders You Receive
Your performance in the Walmart marketplace is based on your Order Defect Rate (ODR), a crucial seller metric. The Cancellation Defect Rate, Delivery Defect Rate, Return Defect Rate, and Customer Complaint Rate are all included in the Order Defect Rate measure.
Following performance standards must be completed by Walmart sellers:
- 2% for 90-Day Order Defect Rate
- 99% of shipments arrive on time
- Over 99% Valid Tracking Rate
Walmart will give vendors 30 days to upgrade if they cannot adhere to these requirements. Walmart, however, reserves the right to revoke vendor credentials if this does not occur.
7. Leverage Walmart’s Lack of Fees
On Amazon, you have to pay fees for almost everything, including seller referral fees, FBA, shipping, and storage. However, your financial obligations with Walmart are limited to referral payments determined by the product category.
Utilize those savings to improve other elements of your business, such as offering free delivery (if possible), growing your inventory, conducting discounts, or doing anything else that will benefit you.
8. Promote Your Company and Services by Using Walmart's Advertising
Brands and sellers must advertise their products if they want customers to find them on the Walmart marketplace. In a nutshell, it's the cost of doing business on a website like Walmart. A wise Walmart advertising plan is essential to giving your products the highest chance of successfully matching customers' searches.
Qualified vendors on Walmart Marketplace have access to a variety of advertising choices. Ads that display as visitors browse relevant categories and search results are something you can make. Additionally, businesses have the freedom to advertise their brand or product. Walmart upholds strict requirements for individuals who use its platforms to sell and promote. To start using Walmart to market your items, you must:
- Apply to sell on the Walmart Marketplace
- Fill out your item listings and seller profile
- Test the store
- Request to use the advertising services
- Attend a session on marketing
- Make and launch your advertising campaigns
9. Establish Trustworthiness and Reputation
Walmart carefully selects bestsellers to advertise on its online site because of its strong brand. Additionally, they assure that sellers keep high trust and reputation when selling on the platform. Ensure your fulfillment process is seamless from beginning to end to keep your confidence.
Additionally, you must use your fulfillment solution to guarantee that your approach is efficient. Once on Walmart, every seller must keep 99% feedback and a 4.5-star customer rating.
10. Implement Well-planned Advertising Campaigns
Walmart advertising is similar to Amazon advertising in many ways, but it's important to have a different approach for each platform. The following two best practices can help you get the most out of your Walmart Advertising Campaign.
- Automatic Campaigns maximize the exposure of your product. They work well for businesses looking to debut a product or companies new to advertising.
- The keywords that advertisers want to bid on can be chosen by hand when using Manual Campaigns. They work well for well-known companies with well-known clients who have a track record of selling on Walmart.
Partner with a Team of eCommerce Masters!
By adhering to a few basic criteria, you may optimize, enhance, and become a top seller on Walmart Marketplace by having accurate product descriptions, delivery information, and customer reviews. Make sure your strategy is centered on optimizing conversion rates and providing Walmart's best possible customer experience.
Only specialists can successfully manage to develop a DTC brand presence on Walmart; it is not a game for novices. Our professionals at Saffron Edge will work with you to develop aggressive marketing campaigns that swiftly turn Walmart customers into paying clients. We have years of experience developing sponsored ads, native banner ads, catapult ads, and site search feature ads, giving you access to the full spectrum of Walmart advertising possibilities under one roof.
Are You Ready To Ride On A Walmart Traffic Wave? Contact us for more!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get fresh stories, case studies, and advice from successful
creators and industry experts.