5 Things you must do on Facebook for your Dental Practice
Mar 25, 2019
11 min read
For decades, dentists built their practice by relying exclusively on reputation and word of mouth marketing. But today, most of their audience is on social media platforms. Facebook alone hosts billions of users. PEW research suggests that 70 percent of the Facebook users visit the site on a daily basis, which is why it has become an important platform for many marketers. The dental industry is predicted to be worth around $36.8 billion by 2021. If your practice wants a share in the profit, it must include Facebook in its marketing plan. There are various ways to attract, retain and ultimately market to your patients on Facebook. This article will help dentists who need a little push in their Facebook marketing efforts. Let’s get started!
Why Does Facebook Marketing matter for Dentists?Facebook is the most popular social channel for marketers. It alone drives nearly 25 percent of social media referral traffic. Here is why you should focus on Facebook for your dental practice.
Facebook helps in earning patients’ trust:Since the boom of social networking sites, many dental practices are rightly seeing the power of being active on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Dentists are in a different position than many other industries when it comes to marketing on Facebook. Dentists have to build trust and earn a patient’s confidence to convince them for an appointment. Facebook offers the ultimate way to build relationships with your potential customers.
Helps you remove stigmas associated with dental visits:There is a certain fear and anxiety associated with dental visits, and Facebook can be used to convince your patients that you deliver a pain-free experience. You can remove the stigma around visiting a dentist through light-hearted Facebook content. Facebook gives you the platform you need to connect with prospects and remind them that you are all about people, not just teeth.
It helps people find you online:Imagine a potential new patient looking for a new dentist in your area. He checks your Facebook page with convincing photos and testimonials that compels them to head to your website. Facebook makes it a lot easier for people to find you online. The quality content instills confidence in new patients and helps old ones to stay in touch with your practice.
5 things to do on Facebook for successful dental practice:Getting the most out of Facebook for your practice can be challenging. But don’t worry. Here we present the 5 things that you must do to get yourself on the right track with Facebook.
1. Create a Facebook page:Facebook is the largest social media platform in the world with billions of active users. For dentists, it is easily one of the most important social media platforms to grow their practice. Every dentist needs a Facebook page to connect with their patients, prospects, and fans. Here is everything you need to know to make and optimize your Facebook page for your practice.
Building a Facebook page:Setting up a Facebook page for your practice is a free and simple process. If you have just started, all you need to do is follow these four steps to create your Facebook dental page.
- Go to the Facebook page creation page. Choose the right option for your dental practice on that page.
- Enter your business category and contact information.
- Upload an appropriate profile picture and cover photo for your Facebook page.
- Add a short description of your practice
Optimize your page:After setting up your practice Facebook page, you need to include all the elements and additional tips on the page to get the most out of it.
Verify your Facebook page:Verification adds a small gray checkmark to your Facebook name. It tells people that you are an authentic business. It also improves your page ranking in Facebook search results. Here’s how to verify your page:
- Go to Settings at the top of your page
- Click Page Verification from General
- Click ‘Verify this Page,’ and then click Get Started
- Click ‘Verify this Page with documents.’ You can also verify your page by entering your business phone number, your country, and language.
- Get a verification code by clicking Call Me Now
- Enter the verification code and click Continue
Fill out your About section:Enter information about your practice in the About section of your Facebook page. Include your business contact number, address, website URL and business hours. Try to provide your location on Google Map if possible. This makes it easier for new patients to locate you.
Add a call to action:The call to action button appears next to your page’s Like button. Facebook allows businesses to choose from a variety of call to action buttons, including options such as ‘Call now’ and ‘Book now.’ This makes it easier for prospects to call you directly from their mobile devices or schedule an appointment with a few clicks.
2. Post good content:Posting quality content regularly is a challenging task and requires a lot of dedication. Facebook is a community-oriented platform where users will engage with valuable information if it is presented in an easy-to-digest manner. People appreciate posts that provide valuable information and tips on maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Engage your patients and prospects through education posts about dental health. Stir their interest through content that not only promotes your expertise but shows that you care about the overall well-being of your patients.
Post about your office team members:
Engage with fun facts:
Set a posting schedule you can follow:
Showcase your services:
Promote your involvement in community events:
3. Run Facebook ads:Facebook allows dentists to post highly targeted ads about their practice. Ads published on Facebook has the potential to reach thousands of active users. There are over 4 million advertisers currently cashing in on Facebook’s ad network to reach their target audience. Facebook has access to personal information about users and knows more about them than any other social media network. They know their age, location, income, interests, family status, etc. which make Facebook ads highly successful. To create successful ads on Facebook, make sure you follow these important steps.
Improve your message:Before starting a Facebook ad campaign, be sure your content has an objective. Tailor your Facebook ads according to the interests of your target audience. Know who to target and what you have to say. A Facebook ad campaign for a dental practice should focus on:
- Spreading awareness about your dental practice
- Showing potential patients what makes your practice unique from others
- Introducing a new dentist or another team member
- Talking about the value that your service provides to patients
- Highlighting the patient’s testimonials
- Promoting a specific dental procedure
- Sharing a business milestone
Improve your ad targeting:After you know the purpose of your ad, it is time to decide your target audience. Target your ad to people who will likely resonate with the message and take action. The following tips will help you in targeting the right people to achieve your goals.
Target lookalike audience:
Target current patients:
Target retired people:
Improve your visuals:Photos and videos engage and drive more traffic to your website and result in more actions. Once you know the purpose of your Facebook ad and your target audience, you can try different versions your copy and check which version looks best. This can be done by creating a split test in Facebook’s ad manager. Split-testing ads is a powerful way to improve your results and lower your advertising costs. The split-testing ad makes it possible to know what words or visuals will resonate at a given time. To split-test an ad, you need to create an ad and duplicate it. Then you need to replace the text, image, or video, and submit it.
4. Create Facebook groupsFacebook groups are a great way for engaging your prospects and past patients. It also allows you to connect with peers, potential partners, and customers.
Create a private Facebook group for regular patients:
Create a public Facebook group for subscribers:
5. Analyze the insights:An important and powerful tool that allows you to measure the performance of your business page is Facebook Insights. Facebook analytics enable you to understand who your most engaged audience is and what type of content is driving the most traffic to your page. Unfortunately, most dentists overlook it because they don’t know which metrics they need to pay attention to. To better understand Facebook insights, go to your dental page and click insights. You will end up on your dashboard with many sections. These sections include:
Facebook analytics tips:Once you have a good understanding of Facebook page insights, these tips will help you get the most out of it.
- Check back often
- Download the Facebook Pages Manager app
- Request an easy-to-find page URL
- Update relevant info
- Download your data
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get fresh stories, case studies, and advice from successful
creators and industry experts.