What makes content marketing success ? Optimization! Know how?
Jul 11, 2019
6 min read
Are you unable to attain the level of awareness, engagement, and reach, despite the continuous implementation of robust content marketing strategies? Has the traffic on your website stuck on a particular number? Do you see your competitors reaping benefits from the same content marketing technique? Do you somewhere feel that your content is the reason behind this? Maybe you are right! Maybe your content does need a makeover, or as they say in the technical term optimization for better ranking and driving more traffic. It is not necessary that the decline in traffic was because your content was not developed right or is not relevant to the needs of the visitors, but with time, content rapidly evolves. As the competitors start entering the marketing landscape, they are bringing fresh ideas for creating quality content, which flattens out your strategy. This is why content optimization or content refresh, as it is called in layman terms, should be an integral part of your internet marketing strategy.
What is content optimization, you ask?Working on the content to make it more useful, relevant, and simultaneously improving the technical performance of the web page to transform it into appealing content to the search engines is content optimization. With the aim to create conversion-driven content that is also optimized for the search engines, the aesthetics and the performance aspects of the site which are crucial to add value to the targeted audience’s lives are improved through content editing, conversion optimization, user experience, on-page SEO, etc.
What is the benefit of content optimization?
- Content optimization, when used along with other traditional marketing techniques, can help strengthen your authority and expertise in that niche on the large platform that is the internet.
- It will help search engines like Google better understand your intent, which will guide you towards creating quality content.
- While optimizing content for search engines is profitable and advised, optimizing the content for end-users is equally important so that you can create quality content that appeals to the search engines quickly.
How not optimizing content might be hurting your business?The marketing landscape is getting aggressively competitive with content marketers coming up with new ways to tailor their content in a manner that directly hits the bullseye with the target audience. You can not risk your sales and revenue with content that no longer serves the relevant purpose, or the potential consumers have a more insightful pool of content and better-performing websites to choose from over yours. What are some of the practical content optimization strategies that you should implement for SEO, website, social media?
EDUCATE THE VISITORS:
CRAFT UNIQUE HEADLINES:
INCORPORATE KEYWORDS JUDICIOUSLY:
RELEVANT KEYWORD FOR THE PAGE:
What are the content optimization mistakes that you should avoid?After reading the strategies mentioned above you might think to yourself that now you can effectively optimize the content and get it on top of the search results, but in a hurry to do so do not make the following mistakes:
Avoid duplicate content:
Drop keyword Stuffing:
Thoughtless link building:
How to not over-optimize your content?
- You might be over-optimizing your content, and you don't know it, but Google will notice it and filter it out, thereby affecting your rank in the search results.
- Backing helps with building authority, but a low-quality backlinking might do more harm than good to your content’s SERP.
- You are not supposed to place keywords in the footer. Keep it simple and at a navigable spot on the page. Stuffing the keyword with a footer will lead to over-optimizing it, leading to Google devaluing it.
- Your content should be built around the keyword and not specifically to the keyword. Make sure y0ur blog has a natural voice and does not have a bot or keyword-stuffed tone.
- Optimizing the content for profitable content marketing requires abundant knowledge, and industry experience, which is why consulting an agency for designing, planning, and implementing a successful content marketing strategy is advantageous in this era of cutting-edge competition to gain an edge over others.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get fresh stories, case studies, and advice from successful
creators and industry experts.