E-commerce marketing is the act of driving action and awareness toward a business that sells its service or product electronically. E-commerce is an activity where buying and selling completely depends on the internet. PPC stands for pay-per-click, a type of internet marketing in which advertisers pay a fee each time once their ads are clicked.
Ten strategies for your e-commerce site in 2020
- Greet your customer: Send your customer a nice impressive package that has a handwritten note. The package may have a referral card in there they can give to a friend, this is going to be a good experience for the customer, and it may create a good sense of feeling towards your brand, and probably get them again for your product page. It may have a coupon in it for a future purchase. This will increase your revenue and increases profitability and get your brand going on your website, which is what you want to do. So take advantage of these care packages carefully.
- Use a good shopping cart: A shopping cart in an online selling site is a piece of software that facilitates the purchase of a service or product. There are three types of shopping carts Woo-commerce, Shopify, and big commerce. If you are not already in these carts, its high time to check them out. These three carts are really good for the design, SEO, and paid search as well. It has everything that you need to scale your company. When you need any help, it has a support team to back you up. If you don’t already have them, make sure that you check out one of those carts.
- Schema markup on your product pages: When someone searches on Google site, right there on the Google search page, before they even go to your website, they are going to see what Google calls product rich cards, which is going to show some information and your product image right there on the search page. Make use of the schema markup testing tool. Search “schema markup tool” in Google and you’ll land on the schema site. Just enter your page URL in there, and it will show you if you have the proper schema markup or not. If not, it will show you some of the tips to improve on how to make sure you add that.
- Run dynamic targeting campaigns: A dynamic campaign feature is an advanced feature for multiple campaigns. With this campaign, you can run various campaigns on the same website. The dynamic ad automatically organizes your website into groups that are customized to your services and products like “phones”, “sports shoes”, and “computers”. Select the groups or categories that are relevant to your website. So, if someone comes to your website and they look around for something and they don’t do anything, that day when they are on social media kind of looking through their feed all of a sudden, they will see an ad for your brand. This way, retargeting dynamically can bring a lot more profits back to your business.
- Run google shopping ads: It’s a very popular one, people go to Google they will search for something like black shoes, they will click the shopping tab, those are all ads. If you want to be in the shopping tab, you should be running Google shopping ads. So, invest in running product ads and optimize your product ads based on results. Use an e-commerce tracking set up, and you can see your ROI per product, you can see the revenue generated from each product, and on your product ads. Turn off the products that aren’t doing as well, the ads that aren’t doing as well, and increases the budget on the products that are doing well.
- Run PPC ads on Facebook and Instagram: Social media have a chunk of audience and has huge channels today. People are on social media like facebook all the time so if you target people on social media and targeting is so intense that you can get right in front of a person that would be perfect for your product. You could use custom audiences, a life lookalike audience, events targeting, and other such techniques. Using Facebook Ads Manager to create Instagram ads makes you run a PPC campaign on Instagram, even without your Instagram account. If you don’t have an Instagram account, you can simply choose your Facebook page to be associated with your ad campaign. This Facebook page then constitutes your business for Instagram ads.
- Optimize your shopping ads: Shopping campaign optimization is a key part of your selling strategy. You have to use different types of ads for e-commerce. You can add negative keywords to make sure you don’t want to show up your ad for certain search queries. Once you have set up your Shopping campaigns and got your right ad structure, most of the optimization work will be about getting your maximize CPCs to the exact level. Enough that you are getting enough clicks, but not getting too high which means that you’re hurting your profitability. This sounds simple, but it is pretty hard to do it right.
- Optimize your product pages: You have to spend a considerable amount of time and money in optimizing your product pages. Optimizing the product pages also helps in SEO and write an apt product title. You should add the keywords in the title tag that people are searching online. Search the keywords that match or relevant to your products, and also add them in your description. Write good, relevant, and unique descriptions of your products in your pages. You can contact an expert professional and reliable SEO services company to get your work done if you are not comfortable with SEO work.
- Update your product pages: Your product page should be up to date and it never looks outdated. It works through the holidays and weekends. When someone visits your product page, every time they want your exact sales pitch, so put some time and money into that. The most important one is good product photography, ensure that the images of your product should be very clean, clear, and well optimized. The product video also can be very helpful; it increases the chances of sales and adds value to your product. It would help if you highlight the main benefits that include free and fast shipping, COD Options, and other such features to get reviews of your products and make sure to allocate a review section page on your product’s page.
- Optimize your product feed: Using the Google merchant center, you can optimize your product feed. To run Google shopping ads, you can use the Google merchant center. Make sure that you have good information in there with regards to your product title, keywords, description, those sort of things so that you are showing up when people are searching on Google merchant center when you are running your ads. You want to be in the game when somebody is looking for your product on google shopping. Your product feed should be very well optimized.
Ecommerce marketing in 2020 can lead to complications if not done properly because there are just so many different things that you can do. The increased number of competition makes it essential that you use advanced or latest strategies to stand out from your competitors. To make your marketing unique, you have to impress your customers by sending a well-packed package with a greeting in it. You have to provide the customer with an easily accessible shopping cart to scale up your business.
If you use a schema markup testing tool, when someone searches your product on Google, this tool redirects the search to your website. You have to run a dynamic targeting campaign. It will show your products on social media when the customers using it. Run the google shopping ads so that you can be in all shopping tabs. People are on social media like Facebook, Instagram, etc.if you run PPC ads on social media, you can easily target the customer. You have to optimize your shopping ads to make your search different.
Your product page should be well optimized and your page should be updated, it never looks outdated. The google merchant center helps to optimize your product feed to have good information about your product.
Hence choose the marketing agencies who can provide you with these best PPC strategies for your e-commerce website in 2020. The marketing agencies should have well trained, skilled professionals who meet your requirements. The marketing team should be patient enough to hear your requirements and provide you a satisfactory solution to take your business to the next level.